NFL Fantasy Stats
Just a few interesting stats from yesterday:
Kansas City Chiefs 40, Jacksonville Jaguars 26
- Patrick Mahomes finished with the second-most passing yards (378) and the second-highest passer rating (143.2) of his career according to Pro Football Reference.
- Sammy Watkins led the Chiefs with 11 targets, nine receptions, 198 receiving yards, 99 air yards, 141 yards after the catch, and three touchdowns. He'll be the Chiefs No. 1 receiver while Tyreek Hill recovers from a shoulder injury.
- Rookie Mecole Hardman only finished the game with one target. This will change in Week 2 due to Hill's injury.
- Rookie Gardner Minshew replaced an injured Nick Foles. He completed 22 of 25 passes for 275 yards and two touchdowns. The rookie threw one interception. According to Elias Sports, his streak of 13 consecutive completions to begin his career is the longest streak by a player to start their career who debuted over the last 40 years. The previous longest over the last 40 years was nine by Brad Johnson in 1994.
- Dede Westbrook finished the game with six targets, five receptions, 30 receiving yards, five air yards, and one touchdown. He was intriguing player heading into fantasy drafts this summer because of Foles tendency to pepper slot receivers with targets. This will change with Minshew under center.
- Chris Conley finished with seven targets, six receptions, 97 receiving yards, 83 air yards, and one touchdown.
- D.J. Chark led the entire team with 106 air yards and 40 yards after the catch. He caught all of his four targets for 146 receiving yards.
- Game flow was not on Leonard Fournette's side in Week 1, but he did finish the game with 13 rushing attempts and six targets. The usage as a receiver out of the backfield is encouraging.